1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Something funny

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stephen, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member

So last night after reading more and more about TMS and trying to apply some of the techniques of talking to my back and paying no attention to the pain something weird started happening. I was feeling pain move around in all different parts in my body for like a couple minutes at a time. It would move to stomach ache, to slight head ache, to bottom of my foot, to arm to wrist, to neck. It was just crazy after reading about how the pain will move around to distract me. I actually started to laugh because I thought it was so funny that my body was doing that. I read that when trying to ignore or dismiss the pain, the brain will try to create more pain to keep your attention. Then eventually it gives up and the pain goes away all together. I hope that is whats going on. Anyways, I seemed to feel a little bit better in the pain department today somewhat. Seems to get better when the work uniform comes off as well. Ready for day 3!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Stephen. Your post about something funny is wonderful. You definitely understand what the subconscious is doing in TMS. You feel good in one part of the body, it sends pain to another part. Fortunately, the movable pain hasn't lasted long.

The SEP program is going to work for you and make you free of pain.

I suggest you start the Mindfulness meditations sessions Oct. 1. They are free, daily tips on living in the present. See the post in the general section for how to sign up. Mindfulness is a very important technique for TMS healing.