1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Someone Famous

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NIClubber, Apr 5, 2016.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

If there was someone in the world that you were a massive fan of, and believed they had TMS or TMS related symptoms, would you try to contact them to suggest they read up on Dr Sarno's work?

The reason I ask is that I am in contact with a person in the UK, who I believe has the chronic pain of TMS.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. Why not?

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Yep...please do! this womans son is a physical therapist who FORCED her to read the book! against her protestations

I am of that mind too...her testimonial is just superb

5. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I have started being in contact with her, but I don't know how open she is to the approach.

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If you can get past their gatekeepers you have a chance, send 'em SteveO's latest, it's the shortest and cheapest.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

All you can do is suggest it. If she's receptive, it could change her life. If not open to TMS right now, maybe she'll return to it at some time in the future. Either way--it's a win.

8. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

She isn't massively famous, even in the UK, but I do know of her. She is 20 something and has had a MRI showing a slipped disc (I think).

9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Fingers crossed..... Really hoping this works!

10. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

So do I ....... but the conversation I'm having with her all seems to be that she doesn't believe that she has TMS.

Her parents separated and probably divorced long time ago. From watching her Snapchat, she says that her dad used to live nearby and now lives not far from me on the north coast of Northern Ireland. Her pain got worse 3-4 weeks ago, which fits in with when her and her sister were last in that town to visit him.

11. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

12. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I guess so.

I have an unnerving belief that her problem revolves around her parents splitting up.

13. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

She did say earlier that the pain DOESN'T move around her body, which is the ONLY thing that makes me think it might not be TMS.