1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Some Successes

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by NIClubber, Mar 18, 2016.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I have had two or three minor successes with the various treatments - mostly various forms of psychotherapy - whether it be journalling, speaking to a qualified therapist in person or just thinking about what the cause could be.

A couple of weeks ago, I had what has become a regular build up of wax in my ears. Sometimes it is just one ear, sometimes both. It tends to happen around February/March time (the build up to my birthday) and also in September/October. For the last couple of years (since I discovered about TMS) I had thought that it was likely to be TMS related, but couldn't see any sort of pattern. Finally, a breakthrough. I had the realization that around my birthday I would be told by my parents and my brother that they loved me - something I never believed, due to my quite horrible and forgettable childhood. Also, around my parents and I would often go to see my brother and his family over in Wales, where I would also be told that they loved me.

In less than a week, the wax that had been building up in my ear had disappeared.

I am still having massive back pains, but I believe that I will get to the root cause of them and they will be gone as well.

Every time a symptom is resolved, I feel it's magic. I can't praise and thank Dr Sarno enough.

giantsfan likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wonderful! Congrats! Insight is a marvelous things, especially when it leads to your banishing some pain.
    Thanks for sharing your success.

3. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I had a major success when I talked about being jealous of my brother - which got rid of a new pain at the top half of the back of my thighs.

That's what made me think this stuff would easier than what it has turned out to be.

Boston Redsox likes this.