1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Some success

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Most of my workday was painless and I only started to feel the pain towards the end as boss was talking to me but by end of shift it almost went away. By the way I am doing the same lifting and bending daily, I fully believe this is NOT the source of my pain...

I spent my work day thinking positive affirmations about my work and boss and I kept saying to self, you are relaxed and peaceful at work and can breathe plenty of oxygen into your body.

I said that off and on all morning and it seemed to work.

It's been a tough day for other reasons, I live in the mountains of WA state and we are fighting 20 fires and a few are close to where I live. Smoke and ash all over, can't do stuff outside because of the smoke. I see huge clouds of smoke all over the sky different colors. They closed the main hwy to our town.

I am fighting fear about it and a closed in feeling because there are fires in every direction. I have loved the trees and mountains all my life and why we semi retired here but this scares me.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I would be fearful too, with fires around. Firefighters will bring them under control.

You're doing great not feeling pain at work. Keep those positive thoughts coming.