1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Some success

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Most of my workday was painless and I only started to feel the pain towards the end as boss was talking to me but by end of shift it almost went away. By the way I am doing the same lifting and bending daily, I fully believe this is NOT the source of my pain...

I spent my work day thinking positive affirmations about my work and boss and I kept saying to self, you are relaxed and peaceful at work and can breathe plenty of oxygen into your body.

I said that off and on all morning and it seemed to work.

It's been a tough day for other reasons, I live in the mountains of WA state and we are fighting 20 fires and a few are close to where I live. Smoke and ash all over, can't do stuff outside because of the smoke. I see huge clouds of smoke all over the sky different colors. They closed the main hwy to our town.

I am fighting fear about it and a closed in feeling because there are fires in every direction. I have loved the trees and mountains all my life and why we semi retired here but this scares me.

2. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

I would be fearful too, with fires around. Firefighters will bring them under control.

You're doing great not feeling pain at work. Keep those positive thoughts coming.