1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Some success

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Karl, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Karl

Karl New Member

Have been suffering from what I believe to be TMS for two years, although my problem has been accepting this - which might explain continuing symptoms. Am re-reading Sarno books. Things have been stressful lately and yesterday had to give a presentation - prior to this, for weeks my foot has felt like concrete and burning sciatica, low back tension; you know the stuff. However, straight after I delivered the presentation I felt like I have never felt for months. Foot felt light again and absolutely no lower back stiffness for the rest of the day and evening. However, today things appear back to normal, but am not letting it get to me. I think i might be slowly getting to grips with TMS, but really need to sort out my constant fear and worry, which may alleviate the symptoms more

Sonic and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

That's great man. Sounds like getting the presentation was a real if and released some fear/anxiety that was in you. Getting rid of the tension if you like. Next day when they come back could be just a form of conditioning and back to the current norm.

Keep facing them fears and putting yourself out there.

3. Karl

Karl New Member

Thanks for your feedback.

4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Give it time Karl. It is often about slowly gathering hard evidence (like your presentation) about how your symptoms behave, which in turn boosts the idea that you are suffering from TMS. That in turn will allow you to work more convinced and focussed on desensitizing yourself by the TMS techniques of your choice (journaling, meditation, exercising despite etc.).
    Take care!

5. Karl

Karl New Member

Thanks. The symptoms are more intense with stress but am working on strategies to deal with this. Need to avoid alcohol though.