1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Some progress?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Sep 24, 2018.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So when I first started experiencing foot pain it was around last year. In February it switched to my lower back and pelvic area. At the moment my back pain is now still on the one side (my left ) however it's more in the middle to upper region. I take it that's a good sign it's not structural. Plus when I was on vacation for a week or so I barely had symptoms of at all.

I haven't really done any tms work as I feel like I'm the type of person who focuses or obesses too much on healing that it just reinforces my brain that something is wrong.

In trying to just be okay and acknowledge that the pain is there trying to not to fear it . Most days I'm pretty good but I get the odd day where I get depressed and anxious and it kind of sets me back.

My doctor and therapist both think my stress,worry and anxiety are all causing this. But before I was on pain I didn't really have much anxiety or depression I was fine. I did when I was younger but I overcame that in a few years.

Any advice? I stopped going to pshyio as I felt it wasn't helping and I have been working out on and off despite the pain.

I went golfing yesterday and my back is super sore today (which is expected I guess)

It helps reading the success stories but the ones where people struggle to find relief is what scares me .

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

When I started the TMS work I took it very seriously. I read Sarnos book, listened to TMS podcasts and followed the program on this webpage. I wanted to feel better so bad. There were days I had doubts but I forged on. Telling myself I was fine, forcing myself to do the things I had started avoiding, (I had a massive tension headache that felt like a knife stuck in my head and I went snow tubing, I was in agony!), I was journaling ever possible subject of rage, even ones I was ashamed to even think. And over the course of about 5-6 weeks my pain had lifted. It was like a miracle. I had retrained my brain. I stopped every thing: chiropractic, PT, acupuncture, antidepressants, feeling bad for myself. I told no one about the pain. I forged on and have not had that headache since! Now I’m back with tailbone pain. And it’s going to go away. I’m going to make it! I was scared to death. Still am. But I know my brain wants me to be afraid. So I have to go against that. You can do it too!

BloodMoon likes this.