1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Some Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stephen, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member

Well today is day 8 of the program but actually like 10 days since i started. I do have to say that I have been having some pain relief. It is still there but not as bad. Almost as if it is fading away very very very slowly. Usually the pain in the lower back is worse in the morning but once i move around it seems to be less painful now getting up from sitting down and when i bend over. I tried a hight intensity interval work out a couple days ago and i could barely finish because my back hurt so bad, but the thing was it was in a different part of my back. In my mind I thought that i was going to get some pain before the work out. Then it came. Just another clue that my mind made the pain happen. After resting the pain went away because i told myself it was just TMS playing it's silly games.

Something that I really enjoy is the Mindfulness Summit that is going on this month. I have been just watching the videos and been going along with some of the guided meditations. I think that it has been helping me. Day 1 of the summit was cool and i like the video labeled Hokusai Says, read By Mark Williams. It is very calming and motivative. Makes you take notice of life going on out there. I try to watch it everyday because it puts me in a good mood! Well thats all for now, take care everybody!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great progress, Stephen, congratulations!

I am also really enjoying the Summit. Mark Williams is awesome, isn't he? With an epidemic of depression in today's society, I am holding out hope that his brilliant discoveries will become universally recognized.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Stephen and Jan. I agree that the Mindfulness Summit is terrific.
    I also have begun the Headspace mindfulness sessions which are excellent,
    and also watch some Mindfulness Meditation videos on Youtube. Especially just before bedtime.