1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Some insight please...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by PaulBlack, May 14, 2014.

1. PaulBlack

PaulBlack Peer Supporter

Greetings all, long time TMS'er and new to forum.
    On spinal shivering (I think Wayne Deyer called it klelling in the Indian culture but google turned up nada)!?
    I was wondering if this is any kind of release of emotions and or an almost purging of stress out the top of the spine.
    I can do it at will if I just sit and relax then go into this (for lack of a better word) let go state, and shivers just run up my entire back. I just have not done it at all on a reg basis and have no track record of it's effects. (Maybe I should just do it on a reg basis, huh??? and report back, duh!?)
    I almost feel weaker at some of my pain points, but I have no idea if this is beneficial or just a thing that happens. I can at times feel it from my very root chakra to my top of my head. Like a mild orgasm. It is kinda bizarre. I would think it is dispelling some kind of energy, or tapping my CNS/PNS!?
    Any input or further reading I could explore on this, would be helpful.

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know what to make of this, but would like to know if it resembles the feeling you sometimes have when someone gently strokes your neck or head in a pleasurable way??

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It may be akin to a mild form of kundalini experience in yoga talk. If you can find a sympatico Cranial/Sacral practitioner they can help you explore this--it helps if you're on a yoga/vacation in a nice place like Crete or Bali, Kauai is nice too! It's your craniosacral fluid that bathes the spine/central nervous system connecting and interdigitating between your brain mind and your sacrum mind and all points inbetween--your bodies biochemical electric/eclectic grid. CS sessions can be nice supplements to full body massages and foot reflexes.

4. PaulBlack

PaulBlack Peer Supporter

Thanks for the responses all.

Actually, I think it is more like activating some nerve endings perhaps to feel like a shiver or something. It is somewhat pleasurable in a way but it also has a feeling of say a nervousness or a need to twitch, that radiates out thru the bodyparts.

It is probably really nothing, or doesn't really help with the TMS venue. As Tom says, an energy like kundalani or something perhaps sounds logical.

Thanks again