1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Somatic Tracking

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Cactusflower, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I have found Somatic Tracking to take time, but it has helped me immeasurably be less fearful of symptoms, feelings, and have less anxiety some days. Somatic tracking is different than "regular" meditation in many ways and during a guided exercise, there is much more talking and guidance. You can still meditate!

There are various ways to do Somatic Tracking, and I find I do better with guidance. Here are a few videos that you can 'play along with'.

Jim Prussack the Pain PT Somatic Tracking:

Jim Prussack the Pain PT Letting it Come Letting it Go:

Dr. Dr. Shin Shin Tang and Pendulation

Patti Norris: Somatic Tracking

Jim Prussack the Pain PT Letting What Comes Come:

On the insight timer app (available free from your app store) Danny Morris, Bhanu Joy Harrison and Les Aria all have Somatic exercises (even if they give them different labels).

Katya and Piano Mom like this.
  2. NCGal

NCGal New Member

Thank you!