1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Social Injustice

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KathyBee, Aug 13, 2013.

1. KathyBee

KathyBee Peer Supporter

This is a summary of day 2. Because the whole thing is even longer than this. And it has lots of swearing. My journaling tends to have lots of swear words though I rarely use them in real life.
    3 things that make me angry.
    3 things that make me sad.
    My first thought was that there are a lot more than 3 [insert swear words here] things that tick me off. :mad:
    But perhaps the first things that come to mind are the most significant. So the things that came to mind were congress, social injustice and petty theft in our office kitchen. It is strange to see the petty kitchen theft in there with two big issues. But sometimes the little things seem to anger me as much as the big things. I wonder if it is because I am starting to allow myself to fully feel the little hurts, but the big ones are blunted because they are too painful.
    As far as congress goes I live in the DC area and I personally know lots of people who were [insert favorite swear words here] by congress’ inability to pass a budget. On the other hand, almost everyone here is ticked off at congress so it is pretty acceptable to voice those opinions.
    The next one was social injustice. I do have a specific issue here, one that has caused people I know personally to have gone through a lot of suffering and [more swear words] that they should not have had to go through. It makes me angry and sad and the same time, but today I am primarily feeling the sadness. :(:(:( Perhaps latter I will feel the anger?
    I am being deliberately vague here because I do not want to trigger a big ugly debate here. But at the same time I am ticked off at myself for not speaking out for something that means a lot to me. Part of me thinks I should be giving speeches and writing articles and joining rallies. I hate confrontation and I hate that I hate confrontation. :mad: I hate that I am not able to voice my opinion on something controversial. And I hate that it is controversial. Because giving everyone basic rights should not be controversial.
    [Insert a small notebook page of swear words here.]
    I stopped writing after that because I felt like I had already felt enough for today.

Enrique likes this.
  2. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

Hi Kathy,

I just did my own "Day 2" entry. I think we have a lot in common ;-) I can definitely look back at many times when I wish I had spoken up for something. Fortunately, I've gotten better at that as time has gone on. I think by working through this program we're likely to shed a lot of the crap we've been carrying around, which will make us more effective in the areas of our life where we'd like to improve.