1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

So Relieved :-)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by happystar, May 9, 2012.

1. happystar

happystar Peer Supporter

A couple of weeks ago I went to have my third brain MRI. One year ago, they found something "abnormal" that could mean nothing or could mean the start of something. The doctor said we needed to do another one in a few months. I waited one year to do it, I lived in fear all this year fearing I had MS or another horrible illness.
    A couple of days after this last MRI the nurse called to tell me there had been no change from the one I did one year ago. Good news! Today I went in to talk to the doctor who reassured me that I do not have MS and that I no longer need to worry about it. Therefore I can now be sure that all of my tingling/pain is from TMS. We talked about neuropathy, but my EMG was fine. He mentioned small fiber neuropathy (another test is needed for this but I do not want to do it). I asked what causes it and he said that in the majority of the cases there is no known reason. That makes me believe it is fully TMS. I said I am going to wait, relax and forget about doctors for awhile and work on my anxiety and psychological issues. He said he thought that was a good idea.
    I am so, so relieved :) He said this MRI was very good news as all the major stuff has been ruled out. TMS it is!!! And I will keep working hard to overcome it!
    Peace and light.

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

yay, great news!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Happystar, I think you went about things in the right way, and it is so great see that you were able to identify it as TMS now. Your case shows that you don't really need to have TMS/PPD doc diagnose you with TMS/PPD. All you really need to do is have a physician rule out any serious cause. As the doc said, there is no known reason for it. Well, in truth, the known reason is TMS, but the doc just doesn't know about it.

You mindset of relaxing and forgetting about doctors for a while is a great idea. It sounds like you are really on your way to recovery.