1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

So, how can the symptoms turn on a dime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by bold_as_love, Mar 6, 2014.

1. bold_as_love

bold_as_love New Member

I've literally had neck tightness/spasms since early Nov. that suddenly Tuesday shifted into my stomach area (tightness, "flippy" feeling, nervousness) that while I was having the neck issues I couldn't "will" those symptoms to my stomach. Now, the neck tightness is gone and as an experiment, I can't get the neck tightness back as much as I try. It's all focused in the stomach area. I know......I know, I shouldn't focus on the physical, but it is so very difficult not to do it. It's always cyclical. Months of stomach, then months of upper back, and then months of mid-neck area. Grrrr........

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I would take comfort in knowing that the symptoms can shift. I would focus on your now pain free neck area and really feel into what it is like with the spasms gone. Enjoy it, feel happy knowing that it can feel like that, relaxed, pain free. Next time it is in spasm, remember what it feels like now. This is such strong confirmation and proof that you have TMS. It shifts, it can shift, and the more confident you are in that and the less you focus on it, the more likely it is to shift away and give you pain free experiences all over your body. Stay focused on your life, the psychological and emotional. Months of stomach, months of mid-neck pain is all in the past. Now that you are fully conscious of how it shifts, it will begin to shift much more quickly, but you can't control it by sheer will. You control it by observing and believing in its ability to shift and not giving it too much weight or power.

Ellen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Bold as love, I agree with Anne that it's a good sign of TMS healing that your symptoms have moved from your neck and gone somewhere else, your stomach. Keep discovering your repressed emotions and keep deep breathing and other relaxing techniques. And as Anne suggests, stay focused on your life. Enjoy each hour of each day. Keep your mind on positive things. And give up worry and troubles, as the old song says, "It never was worthwhile."

Anne Walker likes this.