1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 So glad for that day off!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

By the time I sat down at the computer on Saturday, Day 7, I was so beat I wasn't sure I wanted to do the activities. So, you can imagine my joy when I saw that I had the day off. Then, on Sunday, I did something I'd been wanting to do.

It's been a rough week so far, so I'm saving Day 8 journaling for tomorrow, but did want to post just a bit.

My TMS symptoms these days are not pain related, but a handful of the others, including respiratory. I had a supervisor once who said way back then that colds are signs of something wrong spiritually, after all respiratory and spirit come from the same root. And, of course they're on "Dr. Sarno's list." Today I had a coughing fit that had me fighting to breathe. This is the third time this year, and the second recently. When I googled this, I learned that others found nothing wrong through testing, and that doctors either have no answer or say that it is stress. Well, there you go! And, was I stressed at the time? Absolutely!

I have no doubts re TMS, but I'm overwhelmed with stress and don't see a way to make a break. The change will have to be in my thoughts.

However, let me share this: Last week, when I was wondering how to get through just three days with students, I prayed that some would cancel, and in fact one student cancelled each day. Then, I refused take any students over the four day weekend. This week, on Monday, when I considered my schedule -- you know, the kind where you have to be in more than one place at a time -- suddenly, a guest arrived from Europe unannounced. More stress? No! This woman is the best guest in the world. Each day she has taken on something I simply could not do. Although she's leaving on Friday, I count this as a gift from God. Now I will look forward to how He's going to take care of me next week.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Irene. I'm glad your surprise guest was a pleasant experience. God takes care of us every minute of every day of every week.
    I combine a daily Rosary with my medication. 15 minutes and I feel great.

I had colds all the time when I worked in a job I hated (a big corporation). I left after three grueling years and can't remember
    if I've had a cold since, and I left that job 40 years ago! The colds were from TMS, I've learned. All related to that job.
    If you love what you're doing, your coughing may not be TMS, just the weather and so many people walking around with colds
    who are giving them to the rest of us.