1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 so far...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by futuredancer, Mar 30, 2013.

1. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Day 25... Lots of changes from the emotional point of view. I have been able to see that I have so many layers of conditioning and self-inflicted pressure it would be a miracle not to have pain. I realized the person I present to the world and see in the mirror is not the one I truly am, deep down. I haven't been in touch with the real me in decades. And I confess not to know exactly how to bring her out now. I just know I hate what I have done to myself as well as the puppet I became in an attempt to be loved and recognized.
    The pain is still there, sitting on my left hip. I can feel all the tension around my lumbar region and legs and I don't know how to shake it off. I am 100% sure of TMS counciouswise, but i guess it didn't reach the uncouncious since I still have pain. I will keep journaling, reading the books on TMS and participating in this community, which is great. BTW, I loved Nichole Sachs interview. Thanks, Forest. It was really helpful. And I am considering psycotherapy for an extra help with my journey.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You are making incredible progress. Look how deeply you now understand yourself. The time frame is different for everyone. Be patient with yourself.

I have not been 100% pain free but did find a significant reduction. Then the pain comes and goes based on my current emotional world. Depression has been a major problem all my life. With this program I have been depression free for a numer of months.

The last month I had a back slide so I am working my way back up. The depression returned but I have the tools. I basicly stopped journally getting side tracked on other life issues. The journally is so important in connecting the past experiences with the thoughts today that cause the pain/depression.

Keep up the great work.