1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 So far so good

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Helix, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Helix

Helix New Member

Hi all

I think I'm supposed to post today about the most depressing thing a doctor has said to me... Well, it was highly qualified rheumatologist, and they said that my hands (RSI) would never fully recover. And I had come to accept it. Until the last few days, typing just three sentences would bring on intense pain, and my inability to use my hands ruled my life (driving, lifting, cooking, most things were painful and thus avoided).

So I'm very surprised and pleased that this approach is working! I'm at the point where I don't want to believe it just yet, just in case it's just a wonderful dream, which I will awake from. I also don't want to give up my office at work too soon either in case of relapse. However, I have been amazed at the progress I've made in such a short space of time. I no longer waste 1.5 hours a day with exercises given to me by a physiotherapist, and incredibly I've been typing for at least half of the last couple of days at work almost pain-free. I guess I am yet to try more demanding activities, and test out stressful situations. Nonetheless I can't quite believe that I might soon get my life back...

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Yippee Skippeee!!! I love posts like yours!!tiphata

Helix likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome. This is truth. Now keep your focus on beleiving ok. Bless you

Helix likes this.