1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sneaky, Sneaky TMS

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by Forest, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

As perfectionists and goodists we tend to see things as being either right or wrong. We have difficulty seeing the middle ground. You need to realize that there is no right or wrong way to recover from TMS. It is about understanding what you need to work on, and what you need to do to recover. Not having a direct path to follow may be frightening for some people, but your body will guide you. You will be able to notice if something doesn't feel right or if a specific technique seems forced to you. Listen to what your body is trying to tell you, and you will figure out the best path for you to take.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest this is an awesome reply, I approached tms healing from every angle I could
    The more the merrier, I had set-back and set-up till I grew into it.
    it was a great ride and im still on the coaster except now its more like a Limo Ride.
    See most people have never ever tried this type of healing and its foreign to them
    Its like ok your telling me its all in my head, I've heard that a million times so ill excuse myself.
    What they don't get is that thought right there, (all in my head) is a trick to get you from learning the truth.

It would almost be impossible for me to count the times I've seen folks drop this powerful truth
    cause they thought they had it all figured out. A friend of mind told me " yea, its just mind over matter stuff"
    I said yea but not exactly like you think. then he just walked away like I was crazy.
    Its a trick when you think you already got the cat in the bag sort of say ya know.

So many times , so many good hearted people have walked away tricked and deceived cause they figured
    it was that simple . So simple that they could tell me all about it.
    Now today I still see those folks and their still hurting and in pain cause they already knew all
    that mind over matter stuff- WoW what a trick the mind has over so many that they know it already.

If they would put down their pride and believe a new Hope, a new way. Its only a matter of time forest
    and we will see so many that have been tricked finally opening their eyes to this knowledge of health and healing.

Enrique likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Ah, Pride. SteveO brings this up a lot and I think he makes a very valid argument as to why so many people reject TMS. Our pride prevents us from accepting that we have any sort of psychological problems. If we admit that we have deep, intense anger and rage then we may not be good well-adjusted people. In reality these people are simply failing to understand that everyone has these deep emotions. We simply have difficulty accepting and allowing them.

There is a big learning curve, as your mentioned, with this approach. It really is a 180 from every other approach that we tried. This is very evident in the questions we ask when we start out. We want to have a specific steps to follow in order to recover. Other treatments give us that. We can take one pill twice a day for three weeks, or do one hour of PT a day. These are concrete plans that we know we are doing correctly. TMS is not like this. Each person is going to learn to accept their emotions in a different manner, which is why it is so important to follow your gut. Of course this does lead to a lot of fear. Unlike taking a prescription, it is more difficult to know if we are doing something wrong. The good part, as long as you are doing this work and looking inwards you are doing this right.