1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Snap, crackle, pop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Idearealist, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

So recently I've been getting back into weight lifting/calisthenics. I've noticed that when I perform certain exercises, such as bicep curls, I hear all these popping/crackly noises. Is this a common thing that maybe I just never focused on before TMS? Do you think it's possible for this to lessen as the mind and body relax more?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Essentially yes. But more directly, you won't worry or monitor it. Then it won't "be there."

The time to start this process is now. When you notice it, know that it is harmless, and is there to grab your attention and create fear. Then direct your attention to something else.

Idearealist likes this.