1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Small victories from a beginner!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ellen JJ, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Ellen JJ

Ellen JJ New Member

Hi, I've been working on healing a 4 year sciatica when I sit issue with Dr. Schubiner's book and the free parts of the curable app for about a month. I'm really happy to share that I have been sitting much more, and with fewer symptoms (sometimes none) for a few weeks. Every day is different, but for the first time I am able to drive to work and home without pain *or* worrying/planning around the pain.

I realized I have had sleep issues for as long as I can remember. I didn't connect this to TMS/MBS at first, but when I read in several places that insomnia is almost always MBS I started to wonder if it could apply to me. For the past 2 years I have taken medication at bedtime and during the night to sleep despite nerve pain. With my physical progress I decided to try a night without the meds. AAAAANNNNNDDDD I actually slept! I woke up a few times but was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. I didn't know what to expect and I was able to keep a good mindset about it which of course made all the difference. While I did have some muscle spasms without the muscle relaxant they weren't painful and went away pretty quickly. (Part of this success is in part due to me being a teacher and off for the next 2 weeks which made it much easier to contemplate a sleepless evening.)

Thank you to everyone on this forum! Reading success stories and getting answers to my questions have been a huge support in starting this journey.

Marinedad likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellen JJ,

Thanks for posting your progress in treating sciatica pain. I wonder if you'd like to make an update. I hope you're doing well.

This was a beautiful report. Others have found treating insomnia quite effective with Dr. Sarno's guidance.

Andy B

3. bijanabedian

bijanabedian Newcomer

didn't connect this to TMS/MBS at first, but when I read in several places