1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Small victories from a beginner!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ellen JJ, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Ellen JJ

Ellen JJ New Member

Hi, I've been working on healing a 4 year sciatica when I sit issue with Dr. Schubiner's book and the free parts of the curable app for about a month. I'm really happy to share that I have been sitting much more, and with fewer symptoms (sometimes none) for a few weeks. Every day is different, but for the first time I am able to drive to work and home without pain *or* worrying/planning around the pain.

I realized I have had sleep issues for as long as I can remember. I didn't connect this to TMS/MBS at first, but when I read in several places that insomnia is almost always MBS I started to wonder if it could apply to me. For the past 2 years I have taken medication at bedtime and during the night to sleep despite nerve pain. With my physical progress I decided to try a night without the meds. AAAAANNNNNDDDD I actually slept! I woke up a few times but was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. I didn't know what to expect and I was able to keep a good mindset about it which of course made all the difference. While I did have some muscle spasms without the muscle relaxant they weren't painful and went away pretty quickly. (Part of this success is in part due to me being a teacher and off for the next 2 weeks which made it much easier to contemplate a sleepless evening.)

Thank you to everyone on this forum! Reading success stories and getting answers to my questions have been a huge support in starting this journey.

Marinedad likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellen JJ,

Thanks for posting your progress in treating sciatica pain. I wonder if you'd like to make an update. I hope you're doing well.

This was a beautiful report. Others have found treating insomnia quite effective with Dr. Sarno's guidance.

Andy B

3. bijanabedian

bijanabedian Newcomer

didn't connect this to TMS/MBS at first, but when I read in several places