1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SLOWLY BUT SURELY IMPROVING

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SME61, Aug 22, 2016.

1. SME61

SME61 Peer Supporter

Hi All
    Besides journaling I decided yesterday to do something I have not done in well over a year and I did it again today.
    I ran/jogged a mile outside. I am in some pain but it's just sore muscles. Sure, it is a small triumph but I am glad I did it.
    Last week at a conference in Florida I stood for nearly 8 hours with only minimal pain.
    So, it's slowly but surely going away, I have more time without pain than I do with pain.

Keeping the faith!
    Steve

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Steve. I'd say these are large triumphs... running, jogging, and standing that long with just a little pain.

The more you congratulate yourself on achievements like those, the better you will feel.

3. BBDiesel

BBDiesel New Member

Hi Steve, don't undermine your run! You give me courage to stay the course with my mini activities that will hopefully evolve into a run in my near future! I am glad you shared your success with us. We need to hear success stories big and small!

4. SME61

SME61 Peer Supporter

Thanks, BB Diesel and Walt.
    I ran again today, 3 days in a row now!
    Having some muscular pain which is bothering me a bit, but that much be just me being out of shape.

Going to keep running, tomorrow I have a 5 hour car ride ahead of me!

Thanks
    Steve

5. BBDiesel

BBDiesel New Member

Please keep us updated on your progress! I hope you are feeling proud of yourself for what you are doing!