1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Slow but sure

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JBG1963, Sep 28, 2017.

1. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

My healing process has been very gradual over the last year. I've read many books, watched many videos, done a lot of journaling, etc. This structured process along with the structured media process are really helping me to move forward in the process. It's the first time I feel like I have actual tools and I sense many changes in my attitude and outlook. The last two days have been horribly stressful at my job. Normally my fibromyalgia would be screaming right now and I would likely miss a day a work tomorrow. I have felt surprisingly calm and confident through the chaos of the last couple of days. I can't say I'm pain free but I seem to bounce back a little faster and have a better attitude about the pain being short-lived instead of giving in to it and being in pain for weeks, literally. I'm waiting to see if my attitude can keep the next big flare from happening or not. Won't that be awesome if it's true?! I would consider that a huge victory.

I do wish there was a tms doctor near me, but that's not the case. Still, in general, I am hopeful.

Liz_NL and JanAtheCPA like this.