1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Slept Well

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jericho163, Apr 19, 2016.

1. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Post Surgery I could sleep quite well.

Then 3 months on, no, will wake up in the middle of the night in pain. Pain location varies in the lower back.But always somewhere around.

Started SEP and TMS reading, stopped reading pubmed. Slept quite well. Some stiffness upon waking up. While in the day, pain returns. Patience.

Janine28 likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean New Member

Glad to hear u r experiencing positive results...patience pays off...I too went away from all the Internet 'resources' not the most optimistic venue

jericho163 likes this.
  3. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

spine-health? Read it and you will be in pain in the night.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Woohoo! Glad to hear of your success, Jericho! And yes, the TMS cycle requires us to have both vigilance and patience.

5. Bunneh

Bunneh Peer Supporter

That's cool. Take some advice from a former health anxiety sufferer: Don't google symptoms and don't read about any structural abnormalities.
    At one point, I was convinced I'd die from ALS because I had twitches all over my body. Googling only made them worse. ;)

jericho163 likes this.
  6. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

former health anxiety sufferer: Don't google symptoms and don't read about any structural abnormalities.

totally agree. I was so well-read and I could "spar" with all the orthopaedic surgeons. They were well.....stunned.

And I will read like 50 articles on spine surgeries everyday. I thought I was helping myself by being informative. I thought I could worry the pain away. It stopped me from believing in TMS/MBS, and I eventually went for surgery. Damn, TMS has to hit on my weakest spot/old injury in my body.

Now here I am, no more pubmed for 7 days already. Cheers.

Bunneh likes this.
  7. Sean

Sean New Member

Because 'science' can't define cause and cure in a lot of cases there are many well intentioned 'opinions' (some not so given the amount of malware u have to clean out) that are now easily shared...TMS/MBS could allow us to see the forest for the trees

jericho163 likes this.
  8. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

Day 14.

Sitting getting better and better, or at least not so fearful of the process.

Trying not to think about my constant tension at the back in the daytime.

Sleep has become affected, somehow TMS will want to appear at night to "remind" me of its presence. Tension shifting around. Most of the time it will be at the lower back. Then there will be moments when it shifts to the middle back which is more manageable to me.

Wonder if the pain can shift out of my back for one day?!

9. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Of course it can! And then you'll banish it for longer and longer periods, and one day you'll wonder how you used to function with constant pain!
    Keep on keepin' on. It works.

jericho163 likes this.