1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping with a pillow between knees

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stock Trader, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Is it true that one needs to sleep with a pillow between knees to protect spine and back. This one of the admonitions that my chiropractor advise.

2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

It's also on Dr. Brady's list of the "mental crutches" used to undermine our recovery from TMS in Pain Free for Life, so I would be inclined to say that it is not true.

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I doubt this is true. I never sleep that way and back pain is one symptom I didn't have much of.

I just don't believe that humans evolved to be fragile. People in some parts of the world sleep on the floor every night and they're fine.

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

WOW totally forgot about that! I remember hearing that when I had back pain.

When I learned about Dr. Sarno and realized nothing physical was causing my pain (not even the herniated discs) I stopped sleeping with the pillow between my knees. In retrospect it seems silly to me to think that would do anything!