1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dharn999, Jul 24, 2016.

1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

I am a stomach sleeper and have been my whole life, usually with one leg pulled up like a weird looking frog. But I noticed my first time around that if I slept on my stomach my left low back would hurt like no other.. So I slept on my back and side.. I could sleep just fine.. (I know I'm lucky to get to sleep) but whenever I would toss and turn I would get frustrated because I want to sleep on my stomach

I don't remember when I started sleeping on my stomach again once I got past TMS TE first time but I definitely didn't appreciate it enough.. So right now I'm in the same spot when sleeping on my stomach causes pain in the same spot

So my question is, I know you are supposed to resume all regular activities (and I do) but I don't even try to sleep on my stomach because it hurts... So do I just gut it out because I want to sleep that way, or is that something I just wait it out until I feel better?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I used to be a stomach sleeper. Then one silly day about 17 years ago I had my belly button pierced and it was too uncomfortable to lie on. So I rolled around like an eel all night until I decided it was sleeping like a babe or the tummy Jewel: the piercing lost. Then some fool told me it was 'bad for you to sleep on your stomach' and like a greater fool I believed them. Then I gave that idiocy up. Fast forward a good decade and I got happily, deliciously chubby and now my girl bumps make tummy sleeping something of a juggling contest. But I still do it. One leg pulled up like a weird looking frog with boobs wrapped round my ears like pillows. Bliss. Just sleep how you like. It all works out, after a fashion in the end.

mike2014 and Ellen like this.