1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Sing!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dankat, Mar 7, 2014.

1. dankat

dankat New Member

What would it mean to me? Well, it would mean a great deal to me. I am already fairly convinced that TMS is my issue. Back pain, and spasms in my neck have adversely affected my voice - which is my livelihood. I'm an actor and singer and I've been struggling for the past few years - not so much with my career, but with my ability to execute well! It is maddening, painful, and filled with sorrow. Singing used to equal joy, and now it equals stress! Even speaking is difficult. The back issues have kept me from doing things I love, like tennis (mentioned in Sarno's book a few times!), so I feel like a pretty decent candidate for this program. I'm surprised at how much courage I have to drum up to get this going, but with nowhere else to turn, really (doctors and therapists galore!) I feel like I have to try. I was given the book a few weeks ago, and was told today (by my lovely and expensive osteopath) about this forum. I would like to say how hugely thankful I am already that you're all out there. I am a rare user of social media, but in this instance I am so very, very grateful. With love and high hopes...!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome aboard dankat. Keep your SEP journey going and you will come to understand more and more on how to heal ok. You have these neck issues and the other issues due to tension, fear and worry then when you try to ignore these stresses you develop repression.

Now I don't think you will get what all that means right now so keep learning and reading and be patient -- let knowledge have her perfect work. You will get better for sure.

Bless You

3. dankat

dankat New Member

Hey Eric - thanks for your encouragement... On my way and looking forward to healing! All the best and thanks again -- !