1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Simplest Book

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NIClubber, Mar 23, 2016.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I am currently reading 'The MindBody Prescription' for the third time, but am finding it really difficult to understand a lot of the medical terminology used.

Would anyone be able to suggest an simpler book that doesn't use as many medical terms??

Grateful17 likes this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Here is a great one for you to read, and no big medical terms. Just lots of fantastic information.
    The Great Pain Deception by Steven Ray Ozanich

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Pain-De...3622&sr=8-1&keywords=the+great+pain+deception

If you want to start with a really quick easy read first, he just came out with a new one that yb44 mentioned. It is called Dr. John Sarno's Top 10 Healing Discoveries. (also on Amazon.com)

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

It's not got a massive amount of medical terms in it, but too many for my liking.

Thanks for your suggestions.

5. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

by far the best book is The Great Pain Deception

Grateful17 likes this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno's first book "MIND OVER BACK PAIN" is short and sweet, and as has been said SteveO has a brand new TMS book. I just got the paper version of it but haven't dug into yet. I'm assuming it may be TMS simplified. SteveO's "GPD" is a like a full blown textbook of applied psychosomatic medicine, that would make a great screenplay. The concept or theory of TMS is actually very simple--it's the implementation that can be tricky--different pains for different brains.

g'luck!
    tt/lsmft

brendan537 and Grateful17 like this.
  7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I think I've made this recommendation to you before. I think the simplest, clearest book is Stephen Conenna's book Use Your Mind to Heal Your Body. He was a patient of Dr. Sarno, so his book is pure Sarno, but very simplified.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Grateful17 and Tennis Tom like this.
  9. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

My favorite is still the first one I read--Healing Back Pain by Dr. John Sarno. Not very technical, and wow! it resonates with me even after all these years.