1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Silent reflux TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bean75, Nov 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Hi for the last year I've been struggling with symptoms of silent reflux/ lpr, it started with a cough and then my right ear blocked up, also I have a horse voice and mucus in my throat these symptoms change on and off and completely goes when I'm sleeping. This started with a stressful time after the death of my dad and brother. The symptoms disappeared for months and then came back for no reason I can think of and have become chronic all day every day and I have become obsessed with symptoms and trying to find a cure. All my tests are normal so I'm now just starting on my TMS journey after reading about it I really think that all these symptoms are TMS ,I've struggled to find many people with reflux as symptoms all Dr sarnos books are mainly about body pain . But I've suffered all my life with IBS and I know that's stress related and I also had chronic back pain a few years ago that just disappeared after a year. I'd be really grateful for any refulx success stories. Many thanks

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello @Bean75 and welcome. You can go to the Success Stories subforum and do a keyword search for reflux - I can assure you that there are plenty, because it's such a common symptom. @Cactusflower is our expert at creating keyword search links for people, maybe she will see this and help you out ;)

In the meantime, there's no reason to not get started on our free Structured Educational Program on the main wiki.

Bean75 likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bean75
    I myself had silent reflux, and it’s gone with TMS work! I did treat it, with a low acid diet and medications which helped it a bit (it was do bad I could not eat), but did this only when I was secure in my mind that I had no worries or concerns about it with my health, recognizing it only being a tms.
    It is no different than any type of reflux: that has no medical reason. Heres a search: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/search/2179640/?q=Reflux&o=date&c%5Bnode%5D=2 (Search Results for Query: Reflux | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome))

symptom.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Thanks

5. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Thanks so much for your reply that's really helpful