1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Silent reflux TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bean75, Nov 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Hi for the last year I've been struggling with symptoms of silent reflux/ lpr, it started with a cough and then my right ear blocked up, also I have a horse voice and mucus in my throat these symptoms change on and off and completely goes when I'm sleeping. This started with a stressful time after the death of my dad and brother. The symptoms disappeared for months and then came back for no reason I can think of and have become chronic all day every day and I have become obsessed with symptoms and trying to find a cure. All my tests are normal so I'm now just starting on my TMS journey after reading about it I really think that all these symptoms are TMS ,I've struggled to find many people with reflux as symptoms all Dr sarnos books are mainly about body pain . But I've suffered all my life with IBS and I know that's stress related and I also had chronic back pain a few years ago that just disappeared after a year. I'd be really grateful for any refulx success stories. Many thanks

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello @Bean75 and welcome. You can go to the Success Stories subforum and do a keyword search for reflux - I can assure you that there are plenty, because it's such a common symptom. @Cactusflower is our expert at creating keyword search links for people, maybe she will see this and help you out ;)

In the meantime, there's no reason to not get started on our free Structured Educational Program on the main wiki.

Bean75 likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bean75
    I myself had silent reflux, and it’s gone with TMS work! I did treat it, with a low acid diet and medications which helped it a bit (it was do bad I could not eat), but did this only when I was secure in my mind that I had no worries or concerns about it with my health, recognizing it only being a tms.
    It is no different than any type of reflux: that has no medical reason. Heres a search: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/search/2179640/?q=Reflux&o=date&c%5Bnode%5D=2 (Search Results for Query: Reflux | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome))

symptom.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Thanks

5. Bean75

Bean75 Newcomer

Thanks so much for your reply that's really helpful