1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SIBO And MAST CELL DISORDER

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by lizstek, Apr 2, 2016.

1. lizstek

lizstek New Member

Hi there--I have SIBO( small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) and a mast cell activation disorder. They seem to be related as one may cause the other or visa versa. I am wondering if others have dealt with these issues and if they fall into the TMS realm? it is possible I have had mast cell issues for decades that have gone unrecognized.
    Of course, doctors wish me to follow medical protocols for the infection and then the mast cell management. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has over come these issues with TMS Methodology. Or if they are considered real diagnosable disease states and must be treated accordingly . The mast cell issue is not the anaphylactic kind from birth, but the shows up in adulthood kind.
    Many thanks in advance
    Liz

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Liz,

I've never heard of SIBO or mast cell activation disorder within the TMS community, but that doesn't mean that it can't have a mindbody component. At least one expert (see below) believes Mast Cell Activation Disorder has a substantial genetic component, which would say that it is not fully TMS. With that said, the mind and the body are intimately connected, and mindbody treatment can often coexist with conventional treatment. Stress management (sometimes through journaling) can improve outcomes for many different conditions.

I found the following video helpful and hope that whatever you do you find improvement: