1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

SI JOINT

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kalo, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi All,

Since my last visit, I was suffering from Priformis syndrome brought on by stress. I am a caregiver and the ONLY one taking care of my poor Mom who has dementia.

Fast forward, I still get piformis pain, on my right leg, but that since has improved ONLY for the pain to now shift to the left side of my leg...

It is ping ponging, but, now the burn is in you left buttock and it is horrible. I also have been getting left jaw muscle pain that comes and goes.

Lack of sleep doesn't help and traveling three hours for a part time job sucks!

So, I ended up at my doctors office yet again. He conducted more testing...Stand on you toes, okay....Now stand back on your heels, okay, now lift both your legs, and he pressed down, okay, now lay back and he stretched my both legs back...I PASSED ON ALL!

So, then he had me bend over and he puts his hand on my lower back. The pain is below the belt...

He says aaah huh, its your SI Joint!

So he goes into the speal of how I need to stretch, have better posture, and strength my core.

He said that 80 percent of all leg pain the way I am having is for the SI joint...

You see, that is the latest study as he told me. We have found out through extensive study that SI joint is responsible for leg pain.

He also stated that if I had anything wrong with my spine I could not pass the above test.

He order presidone (which I AM NOT going to take) and told me to stretch and the bull shit.

The funny thing is his nurse did a depression test on me. I CRIED the hole time...Do you feel stressed, yes, I cried! Have you losted interested in things, yes, I cried.

It's funny how the doctor didn't even correlate sadness,breavement, STRESS with my pain.

I am going to stop on seeing the doctors...
    The only good thing about this visit is he didn't order any Xray or MRI...

By the way he is a D.O. doctors go to osethapthic school besides practicing medicine..

Kalo

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kalo. Being a caretaker for your mother can be very stressful. I know, I was that to my Mom, after my older sister tried and gave up, and our older brother never even tried. I became a wreck after two years of trying to please Mom and finally had enough. She asked me drive to the drug store for her nerve pills and then to the grocery store for groceries. This was during a real big blizzard in the Chicago suburb where I had a small house and she had an apartment two block away. I got the medication and groceries and when I got back to her apartment, I had lost my parking place and had to shovel out a mountain of snow a block away to put my car, then walk four blocks to her apartment. When I gave her the medication and groceries her face dropped.
    She said, "Oh, I wanted a can of sourkraut with caroway seeds!" That was enough of trying to please her and she moved to Springfield to be near her sister and drive her nuts.

So do what you can for your Mom but expect physical and emotional pain. If it gets too much, get help somehow.

3. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Seriously Walt, I don't know how I am going to improve. It's not that she is demanding, but, she forgets how to do things and she is totally dependent on me....
    It's not easy being joined at the hip to a person and knowing she depends fully on me.

I thought it weird the doc didn't even put caregiving stress to my symptons...

I believe doctors need to get educated that it's not that my SI joint is messed up and I need to stretch, strength core and here is the predisone. There is nothing irritated via my nerve. It's seems like the SI joint is the big thing that patients are being diagnosed with....I will say that my pain pattern is exactly like what he showed me, but, I still view it as TMS.

Kalo