1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Si joint frustration

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lolaskip, May 19, 2015.

1. lolaskip

lolaskip New Member

Hi all,

I could use some good vibes. Most people on this forum discuss their symptoms in terms of their pain--that's why we're here after all, but it would be helpful to hear from any SI joint sufferers who were helped by this program. My pain is mostly leg pain, but I don't have a lot of pain at the SI joint anymore. Instead, I still have popping and clicking around the joint, and can occasionally feel the bone slide when I go from sitting to standing. My PM&R doctor swears this bone can't move like that, but I'm pretty confident about what I feel when the joint "locks up." It's this mechanical sensation that's really blocking me from fully accepting TMS. I have read Dr. Sarno's book and am completely in acceptance of the pathophysiology Dr. Schubiner describes regarding nerve sensitization.

I know I have that over-achieving, overly guilt laden TMS personality, and more than my share of life stressors.

I also know I have a little fear around the notion the joint is just "unstable" because it feels like I'm doomed to this diagnosis. It would just be helpful to hear from any of you with similar popping and cracking so I can say, "Hey! There's nothing wrong with my joint, tight muscles are just misaligning me."

Thanks in advance--dealing with a terminally ill father at the moment and it would be nice to have a little positive feedback!

2. Mala

Mala Well known member

Lolaskip, I think there have been ppl who have mentioned SI joint problem here but they may no longer be active on the forum. Maybe u could do a search & see what comes up?

Mala

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Give yourself a pat on the back. Do some calming meditation , breathing and try to reassure yourself that nothing is wrong. I'd recommend getting support in form of a trusted friend and try to explain the situation. It's hard to do it alone

4. lolaskip

lolaskip New Member

Thanks for your responses. Perhaps someone has had a similar experience with a different joint (their knee or something) that felt "out of alignment" but improved with TMS work?

Thanks again. I did some venting last night and noticed my pain is better today. Small steps I guess!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Venting and feeling small steps of pain relief is a fine start toward healing.
    It shows you believe in TMS causing the pain. Belief 100 percent is essential in healing.

I know misery loves company, but it's not very helpful to wonder if others have the same pain as you.
    Everyone's pain is different and the TMS reasons for it also are various.
    The main thing is to convince yourself totally that your pain is psychological, not structural.
    Guilt and life's emotional stresses cause most of our physical pain.