1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Shoulder,elbow,wrist, hand and knee pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Danie1988, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Danie1988

Danie1988 New Member

Hi all im mew to this so excuse for long story, throughout my life ive had many ailments and convinced myself ive had many life altering conditions but always had negative results through scans and blood tests, a few months back i recently got over a 2 year battle with my mind that i convinced myself i had a bad stomach issue with life changing complications if this condition happened to be the case, any hows it didnt, after finally accepting that i didnt have this issue i literally began to feel pain in my wrists couldnt put no pressure onto them, which moved to the back of my hands, into my thumb joints slight knock would send me into a shock of pain, now its in my elbows and shoulders so yet again more tests for arthritis and over issues for them all to come back negative yet my brain wont allow me to accept this outcome im terrified that im going back down the same route as ive just spent the last 2 years agonising over i google so much and come uo with all sorts of problems and convince myself i have this and that until i come across something else, my main question is can tms cause pain 24/7 as my minds constantly thinking of it and if so where and how do i even start to rectify these problems i dont think i can honeslty take more years of agony as i have done for the last 10 years, again thanks in advance for reading any input would be much appreciated.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Daniel1988,

Yes, TMS can cause pain 24/7.

Yes, it is supportive of a TMS diagnosis if "they can't find anything wrong."

Yes TMS pain can "move around" quickly or over years.

Have you browsed through the Wiki linked above? Have you read any of Dr. Sarno's books? These resources will help you know with more certainty if your situation fits into the TMS paradigm. And this is important, because part of getting better is knowing deep down that "this is me." This "knowing" helps the message go deep, and undermines the primitive pain reaction to stress and inner tension. It is reassuring for us to finally understand what is really wrong, and that it is not physical.

We have free resources at the Wiki, including the Structured Education Program which you work through and post your responses, ask questions, etc.

You will get a closer reading to your posts, and better responses I think, if you are more liberal with the use of punctuation in your posts! ;)

Good luck in your journey!!

Andy

TG957 likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Daniel, Andy is absolutely right. Your description matches TMS, which is pain generated by the power of mind. You are in the right place, start reading and processing whatever you find on this site. Don't be discouraged by the chaos and confusion that comes with this new knowledge - it is part of the process of coming to grips with the concept. You are not the first one wandering in the dark. Read success stories - it helps a lot.