1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Shoulder blade twitch/tic, please comment

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Yulia1975, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Yulia1975

Yulia1975 Peer Supporter

Please give me piece of mind...Occasionally, my whole shoulder blade starts involuntary twitch/tic, I hear this the loud noise that is coming from the blade area, my jaw and neck side muscles get very tensed, jaw may start clicking and I start panicking... Did anyone had a similar experience?

2. intense50

intense50 Well known member

If vou're new I recommend reading Sarno. Also you can do the 30 program. For me TMS has been about calming the autonomic system. I too would have twitching in my forearms and shoulder muscles. I just ignore them and think its just another diversion strategy.
    After the amount of pain I was in, any amount of diversion that came later and was pain free, I would just laugh. I got twitching, ringing in the ears, dizziness, anxiety.
    Being mindful and relaxing. I would ask what is happening right NOW? STOP look around you take a deep breath....are you in danger?
    Steve O is a master at explaining this.