1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Should I stop researching?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lillian55, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Lillian55

Lillian55 Newcomer

I feel like the more I read about other peoples experiences the worse I’m becoming. I mean that I’m getting really confused and wonder if TMS is using this now as a distraction?

I find journaling and meditating and talking to my brain is working but then I go onto forums or read books and find I start getting really scared. It’s strange and I feel I’m obsessing and the pain has increased int he last few days.

I’m wondering if my brain is getting scared and trying harder to distract me with more pain and trying to “find” a solution.

I’ve been doing things as normal but I’m having a huge spike in pain. :(

oneperson likes this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

oneperson likes this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

The answer is YES. Stop all researching and searching. It adds confusion and anxiety. There is a ton of misinformation and people struggling themselves which adds to the din in your head. Focus on one or 2 books, refer to a success story you like and consider coaching or therapy. This about you and your journey, no one elses. Avoid FB groups and forums because there are a lot of people who dump their doubts and negative baggage all over them. Focus on yourself and stick to basics.

Lillian55, oneperson, Ellen and 2 others like this.