1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

should I stop playing the game?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Aug 31, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I know its apersonal choice to make but I would like to know what would you do if you are in my position ?

I took badminton game as a physical activity even though I am in severe pain, ..First three days has been good and I enjoyed it.

Today I am in lot pain after I woke up.... I think once I get in to the court I can play the game but I am worried if I am hurting myself or should I take it easy and resume when the pain is less ??

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

No, you should continue to play the game while doing the TMS work. It will ensure you don't fall into the fear trap which TMS lives within, it's always best to challenge the pain as it arises and to think psychologically.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Keep playing, it's TMS. When you hurt yourself structurally on a court you KNOW it right then and there! It may be some general soreness amplified by the TMS volume control. Get back out there and warm-up for about 20 minutes like you would your car on a cold day before jumping on it and see if the negative TMS pain distraction dissolves and you get the positive distraction of smacking the birdie--seeing and feeling this happen is being in the "now"--you're the observer.

JanAtheCPA likes this.