1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Should I carry on...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gemma, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma New Member

Hi all,

I have been on this journey for around 6 months and was 100% convinced TMS is me. I have major type A personality which has been the course of back pain for 10 years. Pain comes mainly when linked to big life events e.g relocation, redundancy, birth of baby.

But....for the past few months i have reduced pain right down with TMS. It is still niggly and feels week but i am ok with this compared to before.

I started running last week and although i had to grit my teeth through the pain at the start I felt great afterwards.Until about 6 hours later when from know where a bolt of lighting pain went through my back. Just for a second but was so intense it almost made me faint. I stood still and said over and over "this is not real".

But then it happened again yesterday 6 hours after starting zumba classes. Same exact story only this time the pain was even worse.

Can someone shed some light on this for me......is it time to go back to the doctors or should I stick with the running and zumba?

Thanks

Gemma

2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Might wonder if this is an "extinction burst."

3. Gemma

Gemma New Member

Hi - Thank you for this. I found some words about the extinction burst and much of it resonates with me. I am just surprised the level of pain could be so high. I was literally almost fainting (maybe in shock / maybe in pain).