1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Should I avoid muscle relaxants before bed

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Jun 14, 2017.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hello,

I am quite early on my road to recovery and I look forward to writing my success story in a few weeks or months time. Occasionally I have taken diazepam to help me truly relax and have a great nights sleep.

Should I avoid taking muscle relaxants while in my recovery even though I truly relax when taking them. I also have amitriptyline which helps me sleep to.

thanks.

2. David88

David88 Well known member

I do that on occasion. Be careful with diazepam because it can be addictive. I'd use it as little as possible and look for safer sleep aids like melatonin.

3. Betsy4ever

Betsy4ever New Member

Hi allinthemind, diazepam is the good option but if you are not taking them for longer or they will have addiction. Hope we read that story soon.

4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

In my opinion, anything that doesn't hurt you and makes you feel better is just fine to do. I've been known to self medicate with beer...