1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by livlive, Jun 1, 2017.

1. livlive

livlive Peer Supporter

Does anyone have/has anyone had a real problem with shoes and lower back pain? I am trying to break in new shoes in (a little at a time) but every time I wear shoes that have stiff soles (like new running shoes) or shoes that are too flat, I end up in a ton of pain.

I'm really wearing out my broken-in running shoes (plus I would like to be able to wear regular non-sneakers more often) but it is the area where I'm having the greatest difficulty! It's been like that for years for me. And anything with a heel hurt -- even before I had back surgery.

I would love to hear anyone's suggestions for dealing with this issue. I'm trying to treat as TMS and just wear new shoes and forget about it, but the pain gets so bad that I just end up saying why bother and I change into comfortable shoes and go on with the day.

I can't figure out what's going on maybe I tense up when I wear them? It's like there has to be just the right amount of shock absorption.

Thanks,
    Liv

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

"I tense up when I wear them"

Yep. Just conditioning. There's NO way a pair of shoes is going to hurt your back. Might hurt your feet if they are too tight or something? I have cheap dress shoes that scrunch my pinky toe, but fortunately I don't go to many funerals or weddings.

That is just another piece of conditioning you have to break... You win this game one challenge at a time.... and then you'll look up and see "Oh... it was all the same distraction"

I dressed in drag once for Halloween. I feel bad for women who insist on wearing high heels...never mind your body... OUCH my toes!!!