1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Shewolf, Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by shewolf, Jun 24, 2016.

1. shewolf

shewolf Newcomer

So I am just starting here today. I am 56. In the last 8 months, I have been diagnosed with: persistent migraine syndrome, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, a C6 herniated disc, and generalized anxiety disorder. I have had a CT, an MRI of the head and neck, Xrays, a full ENT workup, a neuro-ophthalmologist exam, months of physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, and one drug after another to try and fix the chronic head and neck pain, muscle spasms throughout my body, tingling and sometimes burning pain throughout my body, cold flashes of paresthesia, badly thinning hair, weight loss, feeling of violent shaking inside my body, etc. etc. Up until this last year, I had had virtually NO physical problems and the only drugs I ever took were antibiotics every few years for upper respiratory infections. Prior to this cluster of pain and illness, I went through about five years of unrelenting stress. During the five years, my Mom (who I am very close to emotionally) suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, my father passed away after a very difficult battle with several illnesses, my father-in-law passed away, and my mother-in-law degenerated both mentally and physically. Another family member was very cruel to me during this time and got in the middle of my relationship with my dying father and manipulated the entire family in order go gain power and $. I also nearly emptied the nest in that five years (1 child still at home) and had my oldest son get married. Typical of the TMS description, I have always been an absolute perfectionist in everything at home and at work, have felt the weight of the world on my shoulders, and have often been angry that I didn't get more help as I always believed I was trying to do what's right. I have repressed a lot of anger over the years. I have also felt very guilty for my anger over the years. So I am more than willing to give this program a try. Here's to Day 1!

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi shewolf,

Welcome. I'm sorry to hear so many family members passed away. I am here for migraines too. I'm around Day 23 but taking it slow. I've seen improvements. Glad you are here.

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Oh my goodness, she wolf, I'm so very sorry for all that you've been through. The SEP will be a great resource for you, since it will introduce you to success stories, various TMS authors, and a lot of techniques and tools that you can try.
    Blessings on your journey.