1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Sharing TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

From Question to Ponder:

Since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS? Why or Why not?​

I've told many people about TMS since I learned about it. In fact, I've become a bit of a TMS zealot! Prior to learning about TMS, I had a lot of shame around my symptoms and shame about the fact that I had so many symptoms. But I've since learned that that shame is part of my TMS personality / low self-esteem / inner bully. So for me sharing my TMS story is a part of my healing!

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this Deepster. I too healed while sharing my TMS story. I learned to control the inner bully and rise above the low self esteem. It was all traits holding me back. Like that inner voice that says " No use in trying to do that, you will just fail anyway" That voice I call the bully was also self limiting me to doing nothing and then when I did go out of the way and just do things -- I'd always hear that voice saying your going to fail. But I learned that I can soothe that part of me. Talk to it and find out what's up and why so negative ya know. In time when I started psychoanalyzing that part it just started agreeing with my better higher thoughts and now that bully isn't a bully anymore.

It was there the whole time cause it thought I needed it to be safe, believe it or not for me -- it was just trying to help but I have got it " the inner bully" on my side now and we both know when I have to be stern in a business deal or strong in certain situations but I don't need that nagging voice ya know. So we agree that being friends is best for any situation. Hope that makes sense.

Bless you