1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now US Daylight Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with MatthewNJ as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Sharing TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

From Question to Ponder:

Since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS? Why or Why not?​

I've told many people about TMS since I learned about it. In fact, I've become a bit of a TMS zealot! Prior to learning about TMS, I had a lot of shame around my symptoms and shame about the fact that I had so many symptoms. But I've since learned that that shame is part of my TMS personality / low self-esteem / inner bully. So for me sharing my TMS story is a part of my healing!

Ellen and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this Deepster. I too healed while sharing my TMS story. I learned to control the inner bully and rise above the low self esteem. It was all traits holding me back. Like that inner voice that says " No use in trying to do that, you will just fail anyway" That voice I call the bully was also self limiting me to doing nothing and then when I did go out of the way and just do things -- I'd always hear that voice saying your going to fail. But I learned that I can soothe that part of me. Talk to it and find out what's up and why so negative ya know. In time when I started psychoanalyzing that part it just started agreeing with my better higher thoughts and now that bully isn't a bully anymore.

It was there the whole time cause it thought I needed it to be safe, believe it or not for me -- it was just trying to help but I have got it " the inner bully" on my side now and we both know when I have to be stern in a business deal or strong in certain situations but I don't need that nagging voice ya know. So we agree that being friends is best for any situation. Hope that makes sense.

Bless you