1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19 Sharing some success

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deepster, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Today's Question to Ponder:

Since starting this program have you done anything that makes you proud? Where does this sense of achievement come from?​

One big breakthrough I've had recently is that I've started strength training. It feels great! (And I'm getting a six pack...) Previously I never felt like I could do any strength training because of my "tight shoulder", the "RSI" in my forearm, my "old knee injury", etc. You get the idea!

I started with the four functional exercises in The Primal Blueprint: push ups, pull ups, squats, and planks. I hesitated to do any of these pre learning about TMS. To make things more interesting I've started following Mark Lauren's bodyweight training program, described in You Are Your Own Gym.

One question I still have. I've used physical activity like strength training to build confidence around my musculoskeletal TMS symptoms. I'm wondering how to do the same thing with my gastrointestinal TMS symptoms (acid reflux). Any ideas?

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You can build confidence by your emotional rules you have. Confidence is an Emotion so you can manifest that emotion with programming ok. Anytime you get a thought of triviality about your stomach -- right then, replace it with a thought of confidence ok. Its in the now when you think of your stomach -- you think of confidence by thinking you already have the symptoms gone as you wish.

Every time you begin to think about your stomach issues automatically think about being healed or go and journal about something that is emotional other than your stomach and then journal about being pain free and confident. Write it in the now as it has already happened and hold that. Then in a short while you will gain your confidence to being healed of everything ok.

Bless You

3. Deepster

Deepster Peer Supporter

Thanks Herbie!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.