1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Sharing emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shiloh6, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Shiloh6

Shiloh6 New Member

I know that I don’t share all of my emotions with anyone, not even my husband...I’m not sure why.
    We’ve been married for 46 years! But still I don’t share those deep things. I’m suppose to post about this today but I don’t really know what to say...sorry this is so vague. I thought about not posting...but then I thought I should because that would be not “sharing”...the very thing I don’t like to do! ...and the the perfectionist in me said, “do the program right!” ‍♀️

LaineyVeganseed and Lizzy like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

And the whole basis of TMS is repressing dangerous negative emotions from ourselves.

As you're doing some of the writing exercises, are you aware of being hesitant to write certain things down? And are you writing them down anyway? Or are you allowing your fearful brain to convince you that they aren't important enough to write down? Or that they are too shameful to commit to paper?

LaineyVeganseed and plum like this.
  3. Shiloh6

Shiloh6 New Member

I do well writing in my journal. I know I’m the only one to see it. I feel lots of emotions coming out in my writing. But in day ten they have a Question to Ponder:
    “Think of a person in your life from whom you hide your emotions. What is preventing you from telling this person how you feel? If you feel comfortable sharing, then post your response in a thread in our Structured Program forum. We would love to hear from you.”
    So I posted my above comment...

LaineyVeganseed and JanAtheCPA like this.