1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Shakiness? Uneasy sensation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shalya1012, Dec 17, 2015.

1. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Along with all my lower body pain I have felt this shakiness and unsteadiness when walking. Its sort of like that feeling of jelly legs when you are completely stressed but lasts most of the day! Makes me very nervous. Now my Back MRI came back fine and I am so much more focused on this shakiness, it has been here all along. Could shakiness be TMS?
    Thanks!

2. inymyfruitcup

inymyfruitcup New Member

I'm speaking from my own experience here... I would say that because your attention jumped to this after having a clear MRI, it's just your current substantial manifestation of TMS/MBS.

I know that the moment I had a malady denied my attention was always directed towards something else. Sometimes within hours.

Just keep thinking psychological and understand that your mind is trying to distract you. I know it's hard!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shalya. I believe the shakes are definitely a symptom of TMS, coming from repressed emotions.

I had the shakes forty years ago when I worked for a large insurance company. I hated the company and should have quit after a few days but stuck it out for three years until I began having the shakes at work. I decided to quit and it was the best thing for me because I haven't had the shakes since. I think we get the shakes when we are emotionally distressed, and for me that was hating the company I was working for.

When the shakes come on, I suggest slowing down and sitting quietly and do deep breathing. It is profoundly relaxing. If you can, google Youtube on the computer and look up "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking." Michael Sealey's soothing voice calms me down right away. Listening to him before bedtime also helps me get to sleep fast.