1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Severe hip/IT band pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sdiddy, Sep 12, 2022.

1. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

I've been having increased hip and IT band pain for a few years now and it's got much worse recently. I know that having an increase in sex is definitely causing some of the wear and tear on these parts of my body and I don't take very good care of my body to be honest, but the pain that I'm experiencing recently feels more like TMS. It's shooting throbbing pain all night long doesn't matter what position I'm in I literally cannot sleep.

Not surprisingly I am going through a lot of stressful things in my life right now and I feel like I'm dealing with them in a decent way but clearly I'm not because I stay up all night long thinking about all these things and literally have not slept in about a month.

I went to see a doctor who did an x-ray and MRI and said that he sees pretty severe osteoarthritis in both hips and says that at some point I may likely have to have hip surgery. I'm only 44 years old.

I agreed to try cortisone injections and physical therapy first but I just wanted to get an idea from you guys if you have heard of anybody having similar throbbing shooting pains in the hip flexor and IT bands from TMS?