1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 set back lately

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dannyp, Sep 21, 2014.

1. dannyp

dannyp New Member

even though i have had some sucesses (i am golfing more this year than the last 10 years or so) which i am excited about but am also struggling with some set backs. back pain is in my world again and i have been doing my best to think emotionally not physically but its difficult. I do recognize a stressor or trigger has returned in my world recently (my father has returned from a 5 month stay in his birth place of Greece). they have sold there house and have moved in with us as they are in thier 70's and require some family assistance to get by. he is the main reason for my tms i believe. while he was away i was making good progress but am in the most discomfort i have been in since starting my structure educational program. no one said it would be easy, i will keep working at it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. dannyp. It is understandable that you have some back pain, since your senior parents have moved in with you and your family.
    You probably should do some thinking about your boyhood and past relationships with both your parents, especially your father.
    There may be some repressed emotions there and that is causing your TMS pain. It won't be easy (I cared for my senior mother for
    two years until we made other arrangements, and they were stressful years for me).

Try to be as loving and caring as you can, but hopefully find forgiveness, for past and present grievances. Forgiving releases a lot of
    anger and that can heal us. Meanwhile, enjoy the golfing. I loved golfing, until I got my first dog. Then I gave up golfing to walk her.
    I have my third dog now, and dogs have been a great joy to me. Often, the most.