1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

sesamoiditis

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by mncjl123, May 25, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

is painful sesamoiditis/ tendonitis / capsulitis of the foot TMS?

2. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

hi mncji, we met already in another forum
    I didn't have sesamoiditis but a necrosis of my sesamoide. The necrosis healed completely after a certain time. But 6 month after the beginning of the necrosis a burning pain startet in my foot. I was told by the doctors that this was CRPS/RSD. Now I know better: it is TMS! Because only the TMS-work helps to reduce the pain!
    So I don't think that the sesamoiditis is TMS. But if you have burning pain in the foot: this is TMS

3. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Oooo!! I really want to the know the answer (if it's knowable) to this question. I had sesamoiditis for a couple of years (most before my back pain, but overlapping some). I had PT and surgery. It didn't work. I had pads in my shoe. I BROKE another bone trying to heal the sesamoid. (Ok, so I might have that obsessive personality I've read about.) As I was reading Healing Back Pain, I really started to wonder about the sesamoiditis. If it's any comfort, even though surgery didn't help, time did. I occasionally have a teeny bit of soreness, but it usually calms down in a day or less.

4. call_on_angels

call_on_angels New Member

Did anyone have success getting rid of sesamoiditis with their TMS? I joined this program for arm pain, but this year I've mysteriously developed sesamoiditis in both feet, but 3 doctors, 2 xrays, and 1 MRI later, there is NO structural damage, and hardly any swelling. Just intense pain. I want to know if this is connected to the arm pain.