1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Separate journal for TMS?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Aug 9, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

Hey everyone. I have been journalling for around a year now, but only recently started incorporating TMS journalling practices into my journal. But I am thinking it may be better to start a separate journal for TMS, especially since some TMS practitioners recommend not rereading what you wrote about, rereading being something I do in my current journal. Any thoughts?

I did meditation today. I'd been doing this for a while before TMS as well, so not too much trouble. Sometimes it makes me feel wonderfully relaxed. The challenge is letting go, which is a paradox, because the more you try, the harder it is.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, HP JM. I definitely suggest you start a new journal for TMS. Focus as much as you can on any possible repressed emotions, even those going back to your childhood. Also, decide if you are a perfectionist and/or a "goodist" who may overdo trying to be helpful to others and want everyone to like you and approve of everything you do or say. All those things commonly cause TMS pain. But don't spend more than about half an hour journaling on TMS. If longer, it can be emotionally stressful. Try to enjoy your day as much as you can and accept any pain but try to ignore then and be as active as you can be, but especially resume normal activity around the house and at work. Good luck. Let us know how you progress in the SEP.

3. HPJM

HPJM New Member

Thanks again Walt!