1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

SEP or TMS Recovery Program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Seraphina, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Hi, I finally decided to throw myself into much deeper exploring of TMS since I seem to have bad symptom imperative these days...

I was recommended to do SEP by many people on the forum, but it seems there is a new version of education program called TMS Recovery Program. Should I just go for a new one or do both? I'm currently making my evidence sheet on the low back & hip & sit bone pain, following TMS Recovery Program for the intro.

*FYI, I think the biggest problem with me is the fear of physical issue and of chronic pain for life due to wrong treatment in the beginning. I'm currently convincing myself a loose SI joint is just like a bulging or slightly herniated disc and also my low back and hip pain is not related to any joint issue in the first place, but I think my inner child is just upset with the pain continuing around my body.

Any recommendation for me would help me a lot!!!

Phina

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Phina,

The SEP is broken up into daily lessons, and so the structure of it can be very helpful for some people. I believe Forest is working on a project to turn the Recovery Program into a structured daily program as well. They are both really good, so I think the decision is yours based on your particular learning style. The Recovery Program requires a more self-directed approach to figure out how to apply it on a daily basis. That's great that you started the Evidence Sheet. That will help you solidify your belief in TMS being the cause of your symptoms. The concepts in the two programs are complimentary, so I don't see any harm in doing the SEP while also drawing on things from the Recovery Program. I used a "smorgasbord" approach with my healing and have made excellent progress.

Which ever strategy you decide on, just keep at it. You are on the right path. Sometimes it takes a little time and trying different things till you find what works best for you.

Anne Walker likes this.