1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP Day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jorgem12, Jan 3, 2020.

1. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around? How has this affected your belief in the diagnosis?

I spent the past two weeks at home with my family for the holidays. During this time I took a pause from the SEP program which I think was good and bad. It was good took reduce my focus on my recovery (to relieve some of that pressure to heal quick) and bad because I didn't keep up with the practice of thinking psychologically as well. But, I noticed that my pain moved around much more than the past couple of months that I haven't been living at home. For the past couple of months my pain has only really been in my right buttocks and sometimes down the right leg all the way to the foot. While being home for the holidays, the pain would shift to my lower back, mid back, upper back, and even made its way up to my neck for a short time. I am pretty confident that it's because much of the tough memories I have are from back home so I believe subconsciously my mind was very triggered and shifted the pains. This further adds to my confidence in the diagnosis. Although, it's still tough to not get 100% relief yet. I know i'll get there as long as I keep focusing on losing the fear for the pain.

Hayley likes this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

This is clear psychological thinking, and such a clear observation of yourself and how TMS is manifesting for you. I have had a similar reaction this week (spikes of symptoms all around) as I host a young niece and go places with her and my step-daughter and find myself criticising them and their life choices (thoughts, not out loud), and then remembering my own choices, etc, etc. Lots of pausing to feel. Lots of early morning journalling and meditation. And this morning, exercise and a nice day out with the girls. We can do this. There is nothing to fear. Our bodies are helping us learn to feel our emotions.

jorgem12 likes this.
  3. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

Yeah sounds like you've gotten good at noticing the triggers of the symptoms. I'm still working on that. Although, I notice my symptoms get worse when I feel that they're might be some repressed emotions looming which I feel is some progress! And, yes the positivity is important!

Aimee88 likes this.