Steakandeggs
New Member
Hi, I've been browsing the site for a few weeks now and gone through Alan Gordon's course. Tonight I've started the SEP and this is my first post in the forum.
I'm a male in my mid 30s. Around 6 years ago, out of the blue, I developed symptoms of overactive bladder (OAB) - frequency and urgency. This came out of nowhere and I had no idea what was going on with my body or what had caused it. I was referred to a urologist and had various tests done - nothing untoward could be found and I was just told I had OAB. I was prescribed drugs and physio, neither of which made any difference. Since then, I've tried various homeopathic remedies - only my first session of acupuncture gave me temporary relief from the urgency. But I've continued to search for an answer.
I've had some very low points with this condition but always done my best to move forward. However, there is no doubt it has caused me anxiety, frustration and anger. It's impacted on my personal relations and social life. My marriage is probably at rock bottom. I think this has partly been caused by my symptoms, which have left me angry and frustrated at times. I'm not the happy go lucky person I once was but I know that person is still inside me and it will return.
A few months ago, an ad on my Instagram feed for the Curable Health app caught my attention. I don't normally click on these ads but for some reason I was intrigued. What I read on that site was like a light bulb being turned on. I knew from that moment on that I was suffering from TMS. I've since read books by Sarno and Hanscom, Schubiners website, and done exercises from the Curable app. The personality type that tends to suffer from TMS is me down to a tee. The books I read could be about me, it's just uncanny. The pain also began around a very stressful time of my life. I could not be more convinced that I have TMS - I completely accept that.
The last few months has seen my confidence increase and I have less anxiety about the OAB. However, the intensity of the symptoms have not really decreased. I truly believe it is only a matter of time though and I will continue to work diligently on this journey back to full health.
I would be grateful for any support and advice along the way. I'm looking forward to the journey.
Thanks for reading.
I'm a male in my mid 30s. Around 6 years ago, out of the blue, I developed symptoms of overactive bladder (OAB) - frequency and urgency. This came out of nowhere and I had no idea what was going on with my body or what had caused it. I was referred to a urologist and had various tests done - nothing untoward could be found and I was just told I had OAB. I was prescribed drugs and physio, neither of which made any difference. Since then, I've tried various homeopathic remedies - only my first session of acupuncture gave me temporary relief from the urgency. But I've continued to search for an answer.
I've had some very low points with this condition but always done my best to move forward. However, there is no doubt it has caused me anxiety, frustration and anger. It's impacted on my personal relations and social life. My marriage is probably at rock bottom. I think this has partly been caused by my symptoms, which have left me angry and frustrated at times. I'm not the happy go lucky person I once was but I know that person is still inside me and it will return.
A few months ago, an ad on my Instagram feed for the Curable Health app caught my attention. I don't normally click on these ads but for some reason I was intrigued. What I read on that site was like a light bulb being turned on. I knew from that moment on that I was suffering from TMS. I've since read books by Sarno and Hanscom, Schubiners website, and done exercises from the Curable app. The personality type that tends to suffer from TMS is me down to a tee. The books I read could be about me, it's just uncanny. The pain also began around a very stressful time of my life. I could not be more convinced that I have TMS - I completely accept that.
The last few months has seen my confidence increase and I have less anxiety about the OAB. However, the intensity of the symptoms have not really decreased. I truly believe it is only a matter of time though and I will continue to work diligently on this journey back to full health.
I would be grateful for any support and advice along the way. I'm looking forward to the journey.
Thanks for reading.
Last edited: