1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SEP - Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raze1998, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Raze1998

Raze1998 Newcomer

Ok. So I’m 21. Heavily active. I’m talking heavy powerlifting and gymnastics training 6 days a week. Some of those twice a day. A year ago I had knee pain set in.
    Began on a Thursday, Saturday exploded. After some research, I thought it was patellar tendinitis so I began using therapy on it like eccentric exercises (supposed to build new tendon), Glute activation, foam rolling. Even single leg decline squats which are supposed to be like magic and programs promised to fix me that never did.
    Collagen for joints. Helped but didn’t eliminate.
    I do have TMS. I’m the perfect candidate for it. I had depression for 7 long years. Anxiety on a daily basis so bad that it makes me feel like I might have a heart attack.
    I also grew up in quite a religious community and have been questioning that recently which causes me quite a bit of psychological distress.
    I’m also a type A obsessive personality.
    Ive known about this for 6 weeks. The pain has decreased but I’ve been tired this week, went to the gym and it hurt again. I still believe I have TMS. I just want to make sure that my subconscious knows it too if that makes sense. But man it can be frightening.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

That makes perfect sense. The repetition of the SEP should help your subconscious accept the truth. It just takes time and consistency.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum and SEP!

It seems you are really connecting important elements to construct a self-diagnosis. This is very important, for you to put together all the ways this fits you.

Yes, I think you are. Just knowing this, and working methodically through the SEP will be of great benefit to you.

Andy