1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sensitivity in my feet related to my current Emotional Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pingman, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

I was reading through some of the posts on the site and I just recalled something that has changed since my lung surgery back in November. I am extremely extremely sensitive now with my emotions. When i see something on TV that is remotely sad like a child being hurt or a parent talking about a sick child I start crying. Even at parts in movies that are sad.

I find it easy to get teary eyed now, which was not the case for me as a 38 year old male before. I mean I would cry when family and friends died etc... but never at TV.

I am starting to wonder if maybe I am suffering from depression post surgery. Can depression bring on ball of foot sensitivity I wonder.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I studied acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine some time ago, and I remember that in that paradigm the lungs are associated with the emotion of grief. So possibly your surgery opened you up to that emotion. Just a thought.......

3. Pingman

I saw charts from holistic sites that the ball of foot is related to the lungs as well.

4. Pingman

My pain has started to switch on me. I feel less of the pain in the ball of my foot and more of a tingle/jolt feeling in my feet when i walk. My toes have also started to feel more sensitive. All things I have read online aboout nerve damage.....I believe my mind is trying to switch up its plan of attack. I had to walk outside today to get the paper and went barefoot on concrete. Absolutely no pain at all.

I thought to myself, how can things like comfy shoes, socks and carpet cause pain when concrete doesn't. Me thinks my mind doesn't see concrete as a viable scare tactic since I don't every go barefoot on it.

5. Pingman

I was outside around our pool today walking barefoot on the concrete, no pain. Come inside and wow, no pain on the carpet initially. Then all of a sudden the pain started to come back the longer I was walking on the carpet.

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

As someone who struggled with severe foot pain for 2years before I tied it to TMS...YES, foot pain can definitely be tied to your emotional state. I was even in a wheelchair for a few months. After banishing the foot pain through the SEP, my husband told me that once I went in the chair, he thought i'd never come out. I'm back to walking and hiking. Life is good.
    Hope you can get some relief, Pingman.

7. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I had nettle-like pain on the ball of my foot last week, addressed it as a tms symptom (I ignored it and walked normally, determinedly) and it was gone within the hour! I am about a year into my recovery, see success stories.

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It's probably good your crying, signs of your TMS emotional release, the American Indians said don't trust a man that doesn't cry once a day.

9. Pingman

Sometimes I wonder if TMS is my body and minds way of forcing a reset on me. Each time TMS has hit me it has been after a prolonged period of me slipping from the changes that reversed my TMS. I let my faith slip, my diet goes to hell and I gain weight, I get to involved in the cable news to where it upsets me, I let my perfectionist OCD trait linger back in my life. I start to let the thoughts and actions of other get to me.

Then when winter comes I explode into TMS issues. I am simply not taking care of myself and probably not caring about my loved ones like I should.

I like the feeling of crying now....It makes me feel human.